Pure Mortgage can help you get preapproved for a home loan in San Diego County. Preapproval means that we offer to lend you a certain amount of money before you have found a home. Note that preapproval does not mean that we guarantee the loan—the preapproval is based on your financial background while final approval is conditioned on the property valuation and other requirements. Preapproval is, however, more accurate than prequalification because preapproval requires a thorough credit report to help verify your current financial situation.
There are many benefits to preapproval. Particularly for first-time homebuyers, a preapproval letter shows realtors and home sellers that you are financially secure and qualified to purchase the subject property. Some of the other advantages of preapproval follow:
- Helps you stay realistic during your house hunt
- Alerts you to any issues and gives you sufficient time to fix them (ex. Mistakes or errors on your credit report or other issues that impact financing)
- Assures real estate brokers and home sellers you are qualified
- Helps you make an offer on a home knowing what you can afford
- Speeds up the mortgage process
If you are considering preapproval, there are a few important documents you should begin compiling:
- The last 30 days worth of paystubs
- The last 2 months of bank statements for any assets
- The last 2 years of tax returns or W2’s
- The last 2 years of employment history
- Unexpired driver’s license or other current government-issued identification
How to Get Started
You will first need to fill out an application or give us a call at (858) 768-2692. We will then contact you to schedule an appointment. At the appointment, we will gather all of the required documents and run a credit report. If you are approved, you will receive a detailed letter outlining the terms and conditions.